Motivational problems


There is no such thing as lazy; you are simply not motivated to work on your game. - Jared Tendler

I finally got my jrmontana08 blog back again but I feel like I lost something. I don't see goals ahead and I don't see achievements behind. Have I just been playing poker for the last 6 months without any particular aim?

I mean, I did have goals but they were very result oriented which is pretty bad.

Here are a few examples of goal problems:
  • Only have results-oriented goals, such as money.
  • High expectations.
  • No short-term goals, only long-term goals or big dreams.
  • Fail to set new ones after achieving goals.
  • Too many goals.
  • Underlying goals such as, looking good, avoiding mistakes, keeping up your win rate, protecting a win, and avoiding pain of losing.
from PokerStrategy.com » Strategy » Psychology » Improving Motivation

Also, there is a great thread that I highly recommend reading: The quick guide to skyrocketing your (poker) productivity

My motivational has always been having fun and making some money. I must decide and lay down specific goals (short term and long term as well).

  1. I'll definetely want to learn more about HU and 6-Max hyper-turbo/super turbo SNGs. I enjoy playing them and they're very profitable if you're playing right. 
  2. Play more satellite SNGs/tournaments, good opportunity to take down bigger tourneys 
I don't think that I need/want more poker goals right now. Maybe later I'll hire a coach or something.

I have many non-poker related goals: improve the quality of my life, relationships, getting a job, etc. Sport is so important.. even for poker player. It increases your stamina, energy level. Makes you feel better overall.

That was it, a short post about my productivity and motivational problems. More posts coming up, must record mistakes/downswings too :)

Good Luck at the tables!


0 comment:

 

JrMontana08. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com