Almost there...


What's up everyone? I managed to accumulate a small bankroll on High Pulse Poker. Since their real money launch my bankroll went up from €78 to €220. I've been playing Pot Limit Omaha and some No Limit Holdem cash games. But I wasn't as successful in MTTs as I expected.

First of all, I played a €5000 GTD (buy-in: €22) tournament. I got busted out relatively quickly. But luckily they had some issues with the tournament and High Pulse Poker refunded the buy-in and they sent me €10 for the inconveniences. :) soooooooo...

.... I got a "free" buy-in for the €12,000 GTD tournament (buy-in: €33). This tournament runs only on Sundays (20:00 CET). Almost 300 players registered and most of them were epic fishes. What can I expect when the whole player pool of High Pulse Poker got their bankroll from playing freerolls? :) Of course, there were good players too but they're rather a minority there. lol

I played great, didn't do much. The table was weird, in the first hour I didn't see any 3bets! Well, the stacks were deep: 10k starting chips with 10/20 blinds. The blinds increased in every 10 minutes. I built up a healthy stack, mostly played with 100BBs. But I did a few stupid things as usual like 3bet bluffs in the wrong time. The blinds went up and my stack decreased and this hand came up:

Stack sizes almost equal, 30-50BBs. (Blinds: 500/1000)

JJ in late position
1 limp in early position
1 limp in middle position

When it was my turn I raised to 3600. Weird amount (because I did not add +1BB/limper) but I felt that was enough to fold to a 3bet preflop (I expected that from the player in EP) and still have enough chips to play with. So I raised, they called. Flop: K J 10
EP checks, MP bets 3BB, I raised to 14BB, EP re-raised to 30BB, MP all-in, I'm all-in, EP all-in.
Nice. Awesome chance to be the chipleader of the tournament. I didn't think that EP don't have AQ in his range but his loose donkish play got me thinking that he could have like KJ, J10, JQ, etc. He was playing straight draws aggressively. 
I didn't really think about the player in the MP because he could make that play with 99 for some reason for sure! Other hands in his weak range mostly the same as EP 10Q, JQ, etc.

Showdown:
EP: Q9c
MP: J10
Me: JJ

The board runs out and my hand didn't improve.

It was quite a nice freeroll but felt a little disappointed after that hand. I simply couldn't fold since I committed most of my money after raising the MP's 3BB bet to 14BB. Who doesn't feel bad after he/she get busted from a tournament he/she wanted to win. :)

High Pulse Poker is not a US friendly poker room. They recently launched real money tables. Freerolls are still running continuously but real money tournaments can be found as well with guaranteed prizepools! Since they're new and need more players, High Pulse Poker offers 50% rakeback in the first month!
The cash tables are very good, many bad players - mostly at the Omaha tables with 200BB+ stacks.

Here is the biggest pot I've won at a Pot Limit Omaha table - blinds were €0.01/€0.02:

2192 BB pot!
I'm still looking forward my biggest cash in 2011. It might come in the €10,000 Christmas tournament arranged by High Pulse Poker, who knows? ;)

Best of luck at the tables!

Jr

0 comment:

 

JrMontana08. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com